ヾヾヽ 
:;.:";|./:;.:'"
':;,`:ヽ|/,':,:;
";*'.:.:;”:;,`:;,
:".:;.:'"i゙:.:゙,:;、,"ノ                , ::::::‐:::‐:: ::
":;*;;:ヽ|i/:;,':,:;.,:;             ./       :..:..:\
::;.:";|./:;.:'";゙:.:*゙,            /       ..:..:.:::.:::.:::.::::
.:;,`:ヽ|:i.|;,`*/,':,:;ii           |       ..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.....:.:|
.;;\.:|:i|i;,`:;,:;.:'|ii"゙           :..:..:..:..:....         ...:.i..
::;*:".:;.|i;i|i;,`:;,'*iiiソ          .:..:..:..:..:..:....        ...:.i..
.:;,*`ヽ|/:;,':,:ソ|、_,.,:;.''"''''"""''"""'''''"""''""''""",,,,-‐'゛ '''''"""''""''''""''"''''""''"
.*:;.:'";|'ノ.:.:;”:;,`.::、         _   ,rュ    ,rュ
 :;.:'"|il;:|:.: ;,;:;:;。;,;:         / `"ソ  / `"ソ    . .. . :. :. :. :..:. :. :. .,. 
   |il;:|i i:,,:;;:;::;,.,       /l ̄/l  /l ̄/l                 ;ヾ,
   /il;:ヽ ''''yi''-                               ,,-‐ ' i
  /ハ:l.:.'i  .ili                                 lハ;i''゙ソ    .
'  '"'"'"''""'""'" . .. . :. :. :. :..:. :. :. .,. 

eComstation has been effectively dead since December 2013.

ヾヾヽ 
:;.:";|./:;.:'"
':;,`:ヽ|/,':,:;
";*'.:.:;”:;,`:;,
:".:;.:'"i゙:.:゙,:;、,"ノ                       ,、,, ,、,, ,, ,,
":;*;;:ヽ|i/:;,':,:;.,:;                    _,,;' '" '' ゛''" ゛' ';;,,
::;.:";|./:;.:'";゙:.:*゙,                   (rヽ,;''"""''゛゛゛'';, ノr) 
.:;,`:ヽ|:i.|;,`*/,':,:;ii                  ,;'゛ i _  、_ iヽ゛';, 
.;;\.:|:i|i;,`:;,:;.:'|ii"゙                  ,;'" ''| ヽ・〉 〈・ノ |゙゛ `';,
::;*:".:;.|i;i|i;,`:;,'*iiiソ                  ,;'' "|   ▼   |゙゛ `';,
.:;,*`ヽ|/:;,':,:ソ|、_,.,:;.''"''''"""''"""'''''"""''""''""",,,,-‐'゛ '''''"""''""''''""''"''''""''"""
.*:;.:'";|'ノ.:.:;”:;,`.::、         _   ,rュ    ,rュ
 :;.:'"|il;:|:.: ;,;:;:;。;,;:         / `"ソ  / `"ソ    . .. . :. :. :. :..:. :. :. .,. 
   |il;:|i i:,,:;;:;::;,.,       /l ̄/l  /l ̄/l                 ;ヾ,
   /il;:ヽ ''''yi''-                               ,,-‐ ' i
  /ハ:l.:.'i  .ili                                 lハ;i''゙ソ .
'  '"'"'"''""'""'" . .. . :. :. :. :..:. :. :. .,. 

2015 年 10 月、Blue Lion のアナウンスで夜が明けるのだ。

----------------
素晴らしきかなOS/2 *** TeamOS/2 Japan ***

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/10/29 04:03
Home away from home
登録日: 11/07/14
居住地: フィリピン海プレート上の静岡県
投稿: 229
オンライン
Access the Bugtracker

最近の eComStation Bugtracker はこんな感じ。

以前書いたけれど、Software Subscription Services for eComStation (Mensys) がまだ有効期間内なので、 僕の eComStation Additional Software Subscription & Support の支払い(41 USD/Year)は eComStation burtracker の閲覧権と OS/2 Netlabs への寄付に消えたと解釈しておこうか。

# でも OS/2Netlabs の維持に年間どれくらい支払われているのだろう?

Arca Noae Support も持っているけれど、現在配布されている 8 種類のドライバは一度も適用したことない。GA が出れば試しにインストールするかもしれないが、手許に転がっている eComSatition 2.2 beta のメディアなんて今触りたくもない。

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/10/29 21:06
Home away from home
オンライン
eComStation is still alive. (生存確認)

eComStation Bugtracker 0003348: No proper shutdown in VirtualBox

Description
eCS 2.2beta does not properly shutdown (-only) when running in VirtualBox (v.4.2.10). It ends in a black VM window. Or, the final confirmation message has been removed? The VM has to be closed, which may or not cause severe damage to data. Happens with and without VBox extensions.
No such problem with eCS 2.1.

この Bug に対して 2015-10-28 20:15GMT にこんな投稿がありました。

Problem fixed here by ACPI 3.22.06.
May be closed.

でも eComStation :: Download から落とせる ACPI の最新版は acpi-3.22.03.exe (1649 KB 2013/11/28 0:00:00)

Software Subscription 向けに配布しないなんて、eComStation 2.2 GA が出るまで死んだふりか?

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/10/31 15:33
Home away from home
オンライン
Re: Access the Bugtracker
火山のことについて図書館で調べものをしにきたら閉館してやがったので、近所の Mcdonalds で暇つぶしがてら、eComStation Bugtracker にある興味深い投稿をいくつか紹介してみる。

0003691: Unable to reformat the installation partition previously formatted FAT32 during installation (2015年10月11日)

I'm unable to install beta 2 when the installation partition has been previously formatted FAT32. No matter if I try to reformat with HPFS or JFS, the format fails. The message is different for HPFS and different for JFS. The message for HPFS specifically says HPFS, but I believe that is the matter of wording. SYS0540 is for HPFS and SYS0528 for JFS. There is another message following the fist one, but only the beginning is visible as there is only 1 line for messages (this small window for messages should also be addressed as an issue). The message is the same for both HPFS and JFS: SYS1311 The system... (this is all that's visible). The partition size is only 20 GB and JFS should handle far more than FAT32 anyway.

eComStation 2.2 beta2 Installer が FAT32 フォーマットされた 20GB ボリュームのフォーマットに失敗する問題。HPFS でフォーマットしようとすると SYS0540 が、JFS でフォーマットしようとすると SYS0528 が、そして双方のフォーマットで SYS1311 は出るという。

# それぞれのエラーコードについては、OS/2エラーメッセージリストを参照のこと。

さらに追加情報をみると

This should not be related to bug 3690 as the partitions on that hard drive can be successfully formatted when connected to a non-SATA3 controller operating in IDE mode (that's how the system is booted). I don't want to pre-format the installation partition when booted from another disk as the format should work regardless of what the existing file systems is. Another partition (2 GB only) on the same disk pre-formatted with FAT can be successfully formatted again during installation time, so this makes me think it's the existing FAT32 format that is the problem.

とある。同一ディスク上の 2GB なら問題なくフォーマットできたと。そのため FAT32 の問題ではないかと考えているらしい。

ちなみに言及されているひとつ前の Bug 0003690: Unable to install (format fails) due to what it seems to be an AHCI bug (2015年10月11日)

I'm unable to install beta 2 on a system based on Gigabyte 770TA-UD3 motherboard when a hard drive is connected to SATA3 controller. Short format sometimes works, but long format fails or (more often) never completes producing periodic beeps. Occasionally, the installation will hang on detecting disks, but most often it is the long format that will never complete.
Additional Information To troubleshoot the issue I installed beta 2 on an old SCSI disk to have an operating environment to troubleshoot. When booted from that disk (to bypass SATA/IDE drivers altogether) I could issue format command from a window. When I try to format any partition on a disk connected to SATA3 controller the error message keeps coming every few seconds accompanied by a beep: "Internal error: devices.c(532): Write error 31 (GEN_FAILURE)". This will never stop, even if format is left running for many hours.
When the SATA3 controller mode is changed from AHCI to IDE, the disk is not even visible under eCS. I guess Dani's driver cannot operate SATA3 controller in IDE mode. When I connect the disk to another SATA controller (not SATA3) and I change the mode to IDE, I can format any partition without any issue, which clearly points to a problem with AHCI driver.

Gigabyte 770TA-UD3 motherboard のシステムで SATA3 コントローラに接続されたハードディスクが short fomat ではうまくいくときもあるけど、log format では失敗するか beep 音の嵐になる問題。

そのひとつ前の報告は今年3月の Bug 0003689: English version of 2.2 installs Print manager with printmen.msg. However the file is actually in german。これはファイルを差し替えるだけなので 6 月に解決になっているが…。

ねえ、本当に eComStation 2.2 GA はリリースできるの? GA リリース前に beta3 は必要ないの?

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/11/04 02:07
Home away from home
オンライン
Re: Blue Lion
>OS/2: Blue Lion to be the next distro of the 28-year-old OS - TechRepublic

New features

Features new to the Blue Lion distribution include a completely reworked installation process, which will allow for installation from USB drives. The developers are also researching network installation. Like modern installers for Windows or Linux distributions, it would include the ability to connect to the internet during installation to download the latest packages, ensuring that the system is completely up to date, out of the box. Work on correcting SMP support, among other features, is also planned.

新機能

Blue Lion ディストリビューションの新たな機能には、USB ドライブからのインストールを可能にする、インストーラの完全なリワークが含まれています。開発者はネットワークインストールについても研究中です。Windows や Linux の今どきのインストーラは、最新の状態を保つ最新のパッケージをダウンロードするために、インストールの最中インターネットに接続する機能が含まれます。そのほかには SMP サポートの修正作業も計画されています。

Release date

When it comes to release dates, Lewis Rosenthal, the Managing Member of Arca Noae (and treasurer of WarpStock), was emphatic ― though realistic ― about the difficulty and
workload involved in assembling a new OS distribution.
Much of the work for modern device drivers is already done and presently available for purchase. A new installer and fixes for low-level issues that persist in OS/2 Warp 4.52 and e-Business Server will be merged into one product as Blue Lion.

Araca Noae の管理と Warpstock の会計を担当する Lews Rosenthal 氏は―現実的とはしながらも―新しい OS ディストリビューションの組み立てにかかわる作業負荷と難しさについて強調した。現代的なデバイスドライバのための作業はすでに行われ、現在購入可能です。OS/2 Warp 4.52 と e-Business Server (Aurora) に存在する低レベルな問題の修正や新しいインストーラは Blue Lion として一製品にマージされるでしょう。

According to Rosenthal, Q3 2016 is as fast as humanly possible to reach general availability, while not being half baked. He is also quick to note that this is not vaporware ― a sizable upfront investment has been made in this product, the programmers are experienced, and the demand is substantial enough that IBM signed the contracts.

Alex Taylor, a Yokohama-based developer for Arca Noae who gave a presentation via Skype at WarpStock, stated in an email that: "We've found that not only are there a surprising number of such customers, but they also want us to make it as smooth and painless as possible for them to keep using, maintaining, and even deploying OS/2 systems. We already provide basic hardware support through our driver offerings; if we can provide them with top to bottom support starting right from operating system installation, it should make things simpler and more cost-effective for all parties. What's more, developing Blue Lion better positions us to address any special requirements of hardware, software, or infrastructure for our customers."

Warpstock に Skype 経由でプレゼンテーションを行った横浜在住の Arca Noae の開発者 Alex Taylor 氏は、電子メールでこのように述べました:「…」

あれ、Alt さんはまた日本にいらっしゃるのですね。

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/11/04 08:40
Home away from home
オンライン
Is the world ready for a bare-metal OS/2 rebirth? • The Register

Those still using the 28-year-old operating system and its applications typically run the stack in a virtualized environment on modern reliable hardware. The bare-metal OS will be freed from its virtual prison, and released to the world, in the third quarter of next year, we're told.

"The focus will be on running a full OS/2 implementation on bare metal, not just in virtual machines," Arca Noae said, "and toward that goal we plan to do a considerable amount of testing on popular, industry-standard hardware."

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/11/04 21:22
Home away from home
オンライン
Blue Lion is Go!

This will be an independent, full OS/2 implementation for the modern environment, with updated drivers and other software, and all the software that you can run on OS/2 and eComStation will also run on Blue Lion. It will be available in multiple languages.

日本語は?

----------------

alt
投稿日時: 15/11/16 22:39
Quite a regular
登録日: 07/11/11
居住地:
投稿: 43
いろいろなNLVをする希望があります。日本語版にとっては、翻訳者さんがいらっしゃったらできると思います...

ところで、前のアーティクルは日本語がこちらにあります:
http://japan.zdnet.com/article/35073322/
torakun
投稿日時: 15/12/04 21:40
Home away from home
登録日: 03/02/07
居住地: 兵庫県
投稿: 198
Arca NoaeのOS/2 & eCS drivers and software subscriptionで提供されているACPIドライバに関して、DBCSサポートの件が書かれていないので問い合わせたのですが、何か先方は問題を把握していなような・・・

Loading ACPI to our understanding has no effect on DBCS support. It could have been very well possible that the ACPI version you loaded on your system with eCS 2.1 simply did not work. Since that time both ACPI and Panorama have been greatly improved!

購入していないので最新のドライバは試していませんが、確かインストールできませんよね?
私の勘違いで無いのなら、ここら辺の問題を認識してもらっていないと、日本語版が出るのが余計遅くなるような気がして落ち着かないのですが。
てか、ACPI必須の最新のPanorama videodriverがDBCS環境でも使えるのなら英語版eComStatonなんて無理して使いませんよっての。
MSakai
投稿日時: 15/12/07 21:57
Home away from home
オンライン
ACPI 3.21.06 でなんかフィックス入ってた

ACPI 3.22.08 を eComStation 2.2 に入れてみました。

3.21.06 - 14-Jan-2013 - David Azarewicz
---------------------------------------
Minor changes to sleep/wake sequence order.
Installer updated for eCS 2.2.
Fixed installer problem detecting DBCS systems.

インストーラベースではなんか修正が入っているんだけど、

For your convenience, this Warpin package also includes updates in
separate packages that are not part of the ACPI project and are not
related to ACPI. The updated files, each in their own package, are:
* DOSCALL1.DLL
* TCPIP32.DLL
* IBMKBD.SYS
* PSCOM.SYS
* RESOURCE.SYS
* SOCKETSK.SYS

その後に ACPI Installer に組み入れられた Updated Keyboard Driver (IBMKBD.SYS 10.165) が日本語に対応してないと思う。そもそも eComStation 2.1 日本語版はサポート外だし。

DBCS 版をビルドする Alt さんは理解されていると思う。

【12/7 23:15訂正】ACPI 3.22.08 Installer には DOSCALL1.DLL が含まれていない。試しに ACPI を無効にした eComStation 2.1 日本語版に 3.22.08 のインストーラを実行し再起動してみたが、ふつうに起動し日本語入力も可能だった(ACPI 周りは無効にしてあるので念のため)。

【12/8 7:45追記】

【12/11 5:23追記】ついうっかりしていたが、

Arca Noae で配布している ACPI for eComStation 自体は eComStation 2.1 日本語プレビュー版にもインストール可能。ただしエラーは出ないものの、機能は利用できない(現状では eComStation 2.2 beta2 以上が必要)。

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/12/08 08:39
Home away from home
オンライン
Re: ACPI 3.21.06 でなんかフィックス入ってた
ACPI 3.22.8 が eCS2.1 ja で使えたという意味ではなく、

ACPI 周りで一緒にインストールされるシステムファイルは言語やコードページ依存がないという確認。

----------------

torakun
投稿日時: 15/12/08 23:26
Home away from home
登録日: 03/02/07
居住地: 兵庫県
投稿: 198
色々ありがとうございます。
結構改善されているんですね。
仰るとおり、Alex Taylorさんも関わっているんだから心配しなくてもいいのかも。
MSakai
投稿日時: 15/12/10 22:02
Home away from home
オンライン
心配するべきなのは ACPI for eComStation より

翻訳

かも。

いや Input Method さえ使えれば、エラーメッセージやヘルプが英語だろうとかまわないんだけど
むしろ英語メッセージのほうが対処方法を質問or検索しやすいと思う。

余談だけど、Arca Noae で配布している USB ドライバをいれたら、eComStation 2.2 beta2 で USB2.0 機器が使えるようになった。

Blue Lion は eComStation より使えるかもしれないと、大いに期待している。

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/12/16 06:56
Home away from home
オンライン
Panorama VESA 1.07 を適用してみた結果
eComStation 2.1 日本語プレビューに今朝突っ込んでみたところ…

ふつうに動いている。

なるほど ThinkCentre S50 のようなシングル CPU の場合は、ACPI を入れる必要がないのか。それでサポートOSに eComStation 2.0 が上がっているみたい。

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 15/12/16 09:57
Home away from home
オンライン
一度 Arca Noae ドライバを全部試してみるか
Mensys/XEU で配布されているドライバとはいろいろ違うので、
時間をとって Arca Noae ドライバをまとめてみるか。

# ペーパードライバー講習までの空き時間にカキコ

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 16/01/03 23:27
Home away from home
オンライン
非 OS/2 システムにも導入可能な ACPI 3.22.09 が開発中
OS/2 News and Rumors の隅っこにこんな記事が出ていた。

The ACPI driver has been updated (11/9/2015) to version 3.22.09 for Arca Noae subscribers, and removes the requirement for eCS.

ほぉ、ついに ACPI for OS/2 の導入にあたって eCS という条件がなくなるのか(後述)。

でも Jan 03, 2016 にアクセスしてみたが、まだアップデートは配布されていなかった。

そもそも BetaZone の提供があった eComStation と異なり、Arca Noae でテストドライバを公開するところを、僕は知らない。そのため現状 Readme だけを提供しているだけじゃないかなと思ったり。

ちなみに 3.22.09 によると、

3.22.09 - 09-Nov-2015 - David Azarewicz

Updated to ACPICA 20150930. ACPI 6.0 is now supported.
Automatically limit to Virtual Wire mode if more than 32 interrupts.
Minor changes to PCI setup for systems which need to run in VW mode.

「ACPI 6.0 のサポート」「割り込みが 32 以上になると、自動的に仮想ワイヤモードに制限されます」「VWモードで実行する必要のあるシステム向けにPCIセットアップをマイナーチェンジ」という変更が加えられている模様。

ところで今配布されている ACPI 3.22.08 にも

3.22.08 - 21-Jun-2015 - David Azarewicz
---------------------------------------

Corrected a problem where the Daemon wouldn't run on non-eCS systems.
Updated to ACPICA 20150410
Documentation updates

「非 eCS システムで AcpiDaemon が実行できない問題」の修正とやらが入っていることに今気が付いた。A(^_^;

# DOSCALL1.DLL は置換されないので、いいかげん ReadMe-ACPI.txt を更新してほしい

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 16/06/01 23:15
Home away from home
オンライン
あれ?arcanoae.com にログインできない
昨日はつながったんだけどな。今日はたどりつけない。

困るなー

手許のバックアップファイルを探すの面倒だからサクッとArca Noae Package Managerをダウンロードして、Firefox 38.8.0 のセットアップをしようかと思ったのだけど…。

ああ昨日やっておけばよかった。

----------------

MSakai
投稿日時: 16/06/01 23:47
Home away from home
オンライン
Re: あれ?arcanoae.com にログインできない
ああつながった。ログインできた。